The successful candidate will be joining the operations team, reporting to the Head of IT Infrastructure and working with developers, project stakeholders and build-out the infrastructure for an institutional-grade fully UK regulated exchange for digital asset futures and options.
- Day to day management of exchange and corporate IT infrastructure, including monitoring, support, deployment, and upgrades of critical infrastructure. Provision of support to internal and external clients.
- Incident management for service interruptions
- Provision of support to the Exchange Operations team to assist in resolving operational issues
- Input into design, implementation and management of data centre and corporate network infrastructure, including Linux and Windows OS, storage, network devices and virtualization, email, messaging and identity management.
- Working with the Security team to implement corporate security policies to ensure our IT environments adhere to internal and industry-standard policies and practices
- Provide support to colleagues across three offices
- Propose and lead projects that improve our production environments
- Working shifts may be required
- 5+ years administering and deploying Debian and Redhat based Linux solutions
- Practical exposure to Ansible, Puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Experience with routing, encryption and switching technologies in data centres and corporate networks with a focus on Cisco and FS. Experience with configuring and managing resilient, low-latency switching environments is particularly welcome
- Experience with deployment and operations of virtualization platforms
- Demonstratable skills with orchestration and automation tools, including scripting languages such as Bash/Shell, Perl, and Python
- Exposure to configuring and extending the Zabbix monitoring platform or similar
- Familiarity with firewall and VPN appliance management
- Exposure to Redhat IdM or similar Identity Management platforms, including practical LDAP skills
- Self-starter and independent, able to work within a team. Detail-oriented with a structured approach to managing workload
- Capable of interacting with different teams throughout the organization and also with external clients to identify/resolve technical issues in a professional and effective manner
- Ability to write clear, concise and comprehensive documentation for processes and systems
- Practical experience with managing vendors and in proposing and evaluating new hardware and software solutions and their associated processes
- Strong command of spoken and written English
- Previous working experience in an Exchange or HFT environment, or with PaaS or SaaS delivery would be ideal
This role is to be based at out of Hong Kong or our London Headquarters. GFO-X is a results-driven organization and flexible work arrangements can be accommodated. Competitive benefits included.
GFO-X is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion.