We are a new centrally-cleared trading venue for digital asset derivatives, authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
You will be part of a dynamic and experienced team bringing the features of traditional derivative markets to the rapidly expanding digital asset arena.
In this role, you will help develop and drive key institutional relationships with direct and indirect GFO-X participants. This will include developing and growing relationships with the largest global Investment Banks, Hedge Funds, Asset managers, Proprietary Trading Groups and Family offices in the world to deliver growth in volumes and open interest to GFO-X. The role will require a hands-on, can-do attitude to sales and relationship management with key participants. Where appropriate, it will also involve overseas travel, conference attendance and client entertainment.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Membership, based in London, the successful candidate must possess an entrepreneurial mindset and a keen interest in digital assets. Additional core requirements include a disciplined and diligent approach to sales and client relationship management, a broad knowledge of derivatives products and, specifically, a deep understanding of the front-to-back trading and settlement of futures and options.
The scope of the role will involve liaison with various internal departments, including Compliance, Operations, Trade Surveillance, Finance and Risk, as well as interacting with external clients and vendors. The candidate will be an established member of the Sales & Membership team, managing and growing existing client relationships and developing an active pipeline of new prospects.
- Work directly with the Head of Sales and Membership and the GFO-X leadership team to grow relationships and connectivity.
- Develop a list of Day 2 opportunities with assets managers, hedge funds and proprietary trading groups active in digital assets to grow GFO-X’s user base post-launch. This will involve extensive networking and marketing and will require close cooperation with the broader GFO-X team.
- Contribute to the GFO-X marketing effort by developing content for the GFO-X Website. This will necessitate staying abreast of crypto market developments, participating in industry conferences and networking within the crypto native financial eco-system.
- Develop understanding and manage relationships of a selected group of key market makers, general clearing members and/or high-frequency traders.
- Continued dialogue/liaison/management with key vendors and internal stakeholders.
- At least a minimum of 5 years of working experience in a front office role at a financial firm, ideally at a Tier1 Investment Bank.
- Degree holder with strong academic results.
- Exposure to institutional grade exchange platforms – Eurex, CME, ICE etc.
- Deep knowledge of financial products, including equities, commodities and derivatives, is essential.
- A keen interest in Digital Assets is a must.
- Good organisational skills with a strategic mindset.
- Experience with tools such as Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills and fluent spoken and written English. Additional languages are a plus.
GFO-X is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Competitive benefits included.